Who Benefits from Rolfing?
People from all walks of life benefit from Rolfing, including:
- People riddled with Chronic Pain and Stress (i.e. from whiplash, car accidents, sports injuries, repetitive muscle strain from factory and computer occupations).
- Computer users suffering from hand, arm, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Athletes, Dancers, Musicians, and other people interested in improved performance.
- Students of Yoga, Meditation, and Martial Arts.
- Women preparing their bodies to better handle the extra weight and strains from pregnancy and labor.
- Women experiencing post-childbirth low back and pelvis pain.
- Children of all ages, including toddlers. Pre-teenagers gain balance to help them through the emotional time of puberty.
- People in psychotherapy, by facilitating a deeper connection to their emotional conflicts. People may experience considerable psychological/spiritual growth as the emotional history stored in their bodies is released.
Posture and Alignment
You will sit and stand straighter and taller with less effort. You will breath more easily and fully, look and feel lighter.
Aches and Pains
You are likely to have less pain and tension in your body as it becomes more balanced and symmetrical, allowing bones and muscles to do their proper jobs.
Stress and Emotional Health
You will experience considerable psychological growth as the emotional history stored in your body is released. A freer, more responsive and more comfortable body will support you in every part of your life.
For more information, see the Case Studies
You will have easier movement and a wider range of motion in the joints. Older people will appreciate the sense of youthfulness that Rolfing® produces as it restores earlier movement patterns.
You may experience dramatic improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of movement. You will use less energy for any given movement and perform that movement with more ease and power. See our Athletic Performance Enhancement for further information.